The President, J&K High Court Bar Association, Srinagar, in consultation with the office bearers of the Bar Association, who were present in the meeting on 15.09.2020 conveyed for the purpose, has constituted an Election Body of the following members, for holding Elections to the Bar Association for the year 2020-21:
- Mr. Manzoor Ahmad Dar, Chairman;
- Mr. Mohammad Abdullah Pandith, Vice Chairman;
- Mr. Mudasir Gulzar, Secretary;
- Mr. Mohammad Ayoub Bhat, Member;
- Mr. Hamid Shafi, Member.
- Mr. Mudasir Yousuf, Member;
- Mr. Syed Musaib, Member;
The Election Body, as per Bar Constitution, shall have the following powers:
- To issue notification inviting nomination from amongst the members of the Bar Assoicarion, whose names have already been finalized and have been notified in terms of Bar notification;
- To prescribe form of nomination to be filled in by prospective candidate;
- To scrutinize nomination papers and to accept or reject the same, provided that before rejecting the nomination paper, the candidate is provided an opportunity of being heard;
- To notify the list of candidates whose nomination papers have been found valid;
- To prescribe date for withdrawal of nomination papers;
- To notify the date of poll and to hold elections by secret ballot;
- To print ballot papers in such manner as it may decide;
- To count votes polled by voters; And
- To announce the results of the election, thereafter.
The election body shall also have the power to regulate the entire election process and prescribe norms for campaigning and also the code of conduct for candidates and members.
The election body shall also have the power to decide all questions relating to elections and the decision of the body shall be final, in respect of all matters relating to the conduct and holding of elections, including the eligibility of any member to contest for any position and/or casting of vote, which shall not be open to question by any member, candidate or person.
The election body is requested to complete the process of election by or before 26th of September, 2020, so that the new body will take charge of the office, in the month of September, 2020 itself.
J&K High Court,
Dated : 16.09.2020